If the time has come for a roof replacement, you may feel overwhelmed. Our roofers at RoofPRO, LLC completely understand. We know that there are so many decisions to make, but one of the first (and arguably most important!) is how to pick a contractor. Since a roof replacement isn’t something you do very frequently, you may not have a good grasp on what to look for in a roofing company. That’s OK! We are here to offer insight, answer questions, and hopefully calm your mind.
Time for a Roof Replacement
Upgrading your roof is a significant investment; we get that. We want you to feel completely comfortable that you have made the right choice when it comes to your roofing contractors. We’ve compiled a list of things to check before hiring a roofing company, and they are split into three sections: People, Price, and Product.
- License: Are they licensed in the state of Maryland? Every roofer must have an MHIC number. You should ask for proof of this license before entering into business with a company.
- Qualifications: Before a roofing company is certified, manufacturers require they pass a test. Because of this, certain manufacturers will not provide a warranty unless the roof is installed by a manufacturer certified installer.
- Reputation: Find reviews and referrals. Word of mouth is incredibly powerful, and we understand this. That said, no company is perfect. By reading reviews, however, you can understand how the company handles their own mistakes by seeing firsthand how they respond to reviews. You can visit GuildQuality or the Better Business Bureau to find out more.
- It’s important to keep in mind that when you’re looking at reviews and references, you’ll want to find the most recent ones available. If possible, give these clients a call to ask specific questions to learn more about their experience.
- Find out how long the company has been around. A company that has been around for a while has a greater chance of staying in business. Should you need anything from your roofers in the future, you’ll want to choose a company with a successful, long-range business plan.
Every project will be priced differently depending on the characteristics of the home and material. We recommend collecting three quotes before choosing a contractor. This will allow you to compare prices and options. Be sure to thoroughly study all of the estimates and compare them to one another. This is the best way to compare how your money is being spent from one company to the next.
- Manufacturers: There is a wide variety of manufacturers that offer different options to consumers. Some manufactures far exceed the quality of others, which will significantly affect the overall performance of your roof system. Take the time needed to research and ask your sales representative any questions to ensure you are going with the best manufactured products.
- Warranties: Another reason you want to hire a certified roofing company is to make sure your company can provide the manufacturer warranty you desire. Many manufacturers require that products are installed in a specific way to qualify for a warranty, and having certified roofers guarantees that.
- Don’t forget the labor warranty from the roofing company that is actually doing the work. Even though the manufacturer warranties their product, you still need to have a warranty in writing from the roofing company.
It’s important to consider the area you live and find out how comfortable a company is right where you live. Hiring a company that is close to home will likely make it easier to find reviews from people you know and trust. It will also give you peace of mind knowing that the specific needs in your area are being met.
If you are in the process of searching for a roof contractor, we sincerely hope to be in the running. Please check out our recent reviews and referrals, and contact our local roofers by filling out our online form or calling 410-428-6806.
Request a Quote
Serving Baltimore, Washington & Surrounding Areas
From Our Blog
Have an Emergency?
Affordable Roof Replacements
As low as $89 per month or 0% financingGet Started