When it comes to the outside of your home, what do you usually think about? Paint color? Landscaping? This makes sense, as curb appeal is important. It is easy to forget that your Columbia, MD siding does more than just look nice. It helps protect the foundation of your home from water and insect damage. But it does age, and with age comes less protection. The roofing contractors at RoofPRO want to help you keep your siding in tip-top shape by checking for damage. While eventually siding will need replacement, we’d like to help you postpone this big job by repairing trouble spots before they are a big issue.
Siding Repair in Columbia, MD
You may be wondering what kind of issues require siding repair in Columbia, MD. We have compiled a list of things to watch out for that may indicate repair or replacement. Of course, our local roofers are always able to come out and thoroughly assess your siding for you. That way you won’t miss a thing! So what should you watch out for? Here are some good suggestions:
- High Heating and Cooling Bills: This one hits you right where it hurts – your wallet. While it may not be the only reason your bills are increasing, poor siding can allow heating or cooling to escape your home. This causes your system to work harder to maintain the temperature inside your house, thus costing you more.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: Whether this issue is isolated (due to a recent storm) or widespread, this should be inspected by professionals. Smaller areas can usually be repaired, but large areas of cracks will need to be entirely replaced.
- Visible Mold and Mildew: If you can see growth of mold or mildew on the outside of your siding, it could indicate that water is trapped where it should not be. Not only can mold and mildew look unappealing, it can also weaken the foundation of your home.
- Rotting or Warping: This provides a very obvious visual indication that there is a problem. Perform a thorough inspection on your home, and assess any warped spots by feeling the material under the foundation. If it appears soft or warped, this definitely suggests a replacement may be required.
- Loose Wallpaper or Peeling Paint Inside the Home: This is a tricky one! Most homeowners don’t realize that peeling paint or loose wallpaper on the inside could be caused by problems on the outside. That said, foundational issues such as excess moisture can certainly affect the inside of your walls.
- Need for Frequent Painting: Here’s another sign that may catch you off guard. All siding needs to be repainted at some point, right? Good siding can hold paint for 8 to 10 years, while siding that needs repair or replacement can last half that duration.
Trust Our Siding Installation Service
Siding is one of those home projects that looks like it may be reasonable to attempt on your own, but precise cutting and application means this job is better left to the professionals. And our professionals at RoofPRO have years of experience and skill to do this job perfectly. Not only will you get a beautiful looking house, you’ll also get the peace of mind knowing that your home is functioning to the best of its ability! If you are interested in any of our siding installation services, fill out our online form or call (410) 428-6806 today.
Request a Quote
Serving Baltimore, Washington & Surrounding Areas
From Our Blog
Have an Emergency?
Affordable Roof Replacements
As low as $89 per month or 0% financingGet Started