Roof replacement can be a risky business. There are a variety of considerations that need to be taken seriously in order to ensure homeowners do their best to receive risk-free roof replacement services. These considerations include knowing the work is being done right, having confidence in your warranty, understanding every cost before starting, staying in the driver’s seat for any decisions, completing a details checklist before hiring your roofer, having productive estimate meetings, and knowing you are getting good value.
This post dives into the various costs you will incur as you procure a new roof. One way to ensure risk-free roof replacement is to track every cost before starting so that you know that your bases are covered and that you are getting fair roof replacement services.
Understand Every Cost Before You Begin Your Roof Replacement
Roof replacement prices will fluctuate depending on the materials you choose, the overall complexity and size of your roof, your choice of roofing contractor, and the roof system and potential warranties you choose.
We’ve dug into the major costs that you will incur as you replace your roof below:
- The roofing material you choose for your roofing system is a primary factor that will drive your roof replacement costs. Make sure you understand exactly how much you are paying per square foot of material. Prices can vary quite a bit, so do your research.
- Once you have a handle on how much your materials cost, you’ll want to be certain of the size of your roof so you can calculate how many square feet your materials are covering. It is critical to keep in mind that the complexity of your roof will factor here as well. Skylights, chimneys, or other features will undoubtedly increase your costs. Additionally, steeper roofs with more valleys and angles will be more expensive because they require more materials and more labor. Certain styles of roof architecture will also require higher quality materials which will, in turn, drive costs upward.
- Roofing materials will account for a large bulk of your roof replacement costs, but labor also plays a major role in overall roof replacement costs as well, often accounting for 40-50% of the overall price. A more complex roof requires more labor and thus costs significantly more than simpler roofs. Bids will vary based on the quality and expertise of each roofing contractor, so it will be up to you whether to go with the low-ball price or with the pro roofer who guarantees a very high commitment to excellence. Make sure you understand exactly what each roofing contractor charges for labor and consider how your roof replacement results will be affected.
- Understanding your roof’s life expectancy and various warranty prices is also critical when evaluating your costs as you settle on the right roof replacement solution for you. The expected life cycle of your roof will greatly impact your roofing system’s overall cost. If you base your cost analysis on the assumption that your roof will last 20 years and it fails to do so, for example, you could end up incurring serious unanticipated costs down the line. Always factor in available warranties as you navigate roofing prices, but beware of warranties that may give false hope regarding how long your roof will last.
- Other additional costs will vary depending on where you live and what contractor you use. Roofing codes, insurance costs, and roofing contractor requirements vary based on location and will likely factor into your overall roof replacement price. Be sure to review these additional costs to ensure you thoroughly understand what you are paying for.
The roofing professionals at RoofPRO are happy to discuss costs in detail with you in order to ensure you are receiving the risk-free roof replacement services you deserve. Since 2003, the licensed professional roofing contractors at RoofPRO have provided business and residents of the Baltimore and Washington metro area with high quality, consistent, and reliable certified roofing services. We have expanded our business and built our reputation through professionalism, trustworthiness, and the highest level of craftsmanship. We have the knowledge and know how to take on any job and to do it right the first time. Give our local roofers a call (410-428-6806) or request a quote online today to see how RoofPRO can put its reputation to work for you!
Request a Quote
Serving Baltimore, Washington & Surrounding Areas
From Our Blog
Have an Emergency?
Affordable Roof Replacements
As low as $89 per month or 0% financingGet Started