Your roof is indisputably an incredibly important part of your home. Not only does it protect you and your belongings from the elements, it also provides a layer of defense against the foundational integrity of your home. Despite these valuable services, it’s unfortunately relatively easy to forget about your roof until there is a massive problem. The roofing contractors at RoofPRO, LLC want to help you before, after, and during your Columbia, MD roof replacement. We’d like to make the process as smooth as possible.
So how do you know if your roof needs to be replaced? We’ve compiled a handy list of “warning signs” you’ll want to keep an eye out for. As always, we are happy to help if you’re afraid you’ve missed something. A roof inspection is one of the many roofing services we offer here at RoofPRO. Here are some of the things we’ll be looking for:
- Buckling Shingles: As your roof ages, shingles are more likely to buckle. A buckled shingle looks somewhat wavy or bumpy, and these shingles can easily be blown off by high winds.
- Broken or Missing Shingles: Excessive wind and damaging hail can cause your shingles to crack or blow away entirely. Without this protective layer, water can get inside.
- Damaged Flashings: Flashings are a material used to cover joints to prevent water from entering your home, so it’s easy to see why damaged flashings would be a problem. Any time water shows up in a place it shouldn’t be, there is an issue that needs to be addressed.
- Curling Shingles: Shingles that aren’t lying flat against your roof are highly susceptible to wind and rain damage. Excessive heat can damage shingles over time by causing them to peel away from the rest of your roof.
- Missing Granules and Bare Spots: If your roof wasn’t properly installed, there is a possibility that it could wear down quicker than it should. For example, improperly placed downspouts can cause extra water to run over the roof, causing granules to wash away. This could easily lead to water getting inside your house – and this is definitely something you do not want.
If all of this seems overwhelming, don’t worry! We inspect roofs all the time and know exactly what to look for. We guarantee you will get exactly what you need for your roof to function properly.
You Need the Best Roofing Company in Maryland
At RoofPRO, LLC, we know how much of a pain it is to have a roof that isn’t functioning properly. Not only does it affect the overall look of your house, but it can also cause a whole host of other potentially costly problems in the future. That’s why all of us at RoofPRO want to help you take care of these issues before they begin to become a huge problem. If you have any questions about your roof or other exterior home problems, be sure to contact the best roofing company in Maryland today. You can fill out our online form or give us a call at (410) 426-6806.
Request a Quote
Serving Baltimore, Washington & Surrounding Areas
From Our Blog
Have an Emergency?
Affordable Roof Replacements
As low as $89 per month or 0% financingGet Started