Whether to replace or repair roof damage can be one of the more difficult decisions faced by homeowners. The best way to go about deciding is to have a certified roof inspector perform a thorough roof inspection and then advise you as to which option is best for you and your roof’s particular situation. Some key questions you need to ask yourself when you weigh your roofing options include:
- What is your budget and what are your long-term plans when it comes to ownership of your home?
- How old is your roof?
- How severe and widespread is your roof damage?
When Is It Time to Re-Roof?
There are various critical warning signs that signal roof replacement is the better solution for you.
- A multitude of seriously worn, damaged, or missing shingles is a clear indication that you may need to re-roof. A few cracked shingles are easy to replace. If large areas of shingles across the entirety of your roof are cracked and/or curling, however, you have a bigger problem on your hands. Missing shingles have similar implications. Replacing a few missing shingles here and there is not a problem, but as soon as your roof begins looking like a checkerboard, you should start considering roof replacement.
- If your roof is reaching the quarter of a century mark in age, it may be time to re-roof. An asphalt shingle roof should last between 20 and 30 years. However, Maryland’s climate asks a lot of our roofs. Getting a few good decades out of your roof is standard, and once you have hit or surpassed that mark you’ll want to think about investing in a new roof.
- Finding an excessive amount of granules in your gutter over a consistent period of time indicates your shingles are in trouble. Granules work to help your roof resist weather and as soon as you start seeing those granules build up in your gutter over a long period of time, you can be sure that your roof is in a vulnerable state and re-roofing may be in order.
- Sagging roofs signal clear and present danger. When you notice sagging in your roof, you will need to re-roof immediately. Sagging indicates a severe structural problem that needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. Upon first noticing a droop or depression in your roof, call your local roofers right away.
Contact RoofPRO For Top Notch Re-Roofing Services
When partial or full roof replacement services are necessary, the professional roofing team at Roof PRO will take care of it in the least intrusive, most cost-effective, way possible. Since 2003, RoofPRO has provided businesses and residents of the Baltimore and Washington metro area with high quality, consistent, and reliable roofing services. We have expanded our business and built our reputation through professionalism, trustworthiness, and the highest level of craftsmanship. We have the knowledge and know how to take on any job and to do it right the first time. Give us a call (410-428-6806) or request a quote online today to see how RoofPRO can put its reputation to work for you.
Request a Quote
Serving Baltimore, Washington & Surrounding Areas
From Our Blog
Have an Emergency?
Affordable Roof Replacements
As low as $89 per month or 0% financingGet Started